Friday, April 23, 2010

Introduction

Hello, non-existent readers of my blog.  Perhaps I should introduce myself.  My name is Bill Burke, and I am what might be described as a tinkerer, a hobbyist, someone who always has a project going and from time to time actually completes one.  I am an Electrical/ Computer Engineer with a B.S. from LSU and (recently) an M.S. from Georgia Tech.  I currently work for a controls company called Champion Technology Services in Baton Rouge, LA.  

I love being an ECE, and one thing that I love about it is that is so applicable to every day life.  I am beginning this blog for several reasons.

1. I want some documentation of all the projects that I work on for myself.  If I need to work on them later or show them off to someone, all the necessary information will be here.

2. I think that a handful of people might actually be interested in these projects.  I usually do a lot of research and sort through a lot of crap before I embark on a project.  So it might be useful to others that I have already distilled enough information to achieve some level of functionality from these things

3. To try to get myself to a higher level of actually completion of projects.  All too often, I will start a project, hit a wall, and lose interest.  Sometimes there is no wall.  Maybe trying to wrap all these things up in neat packages will give me some incentive to finish them all.  

As you might have already guessed, I tend to be a little long winded.  I used to enjoy writing short stories, and I even wrote a novella once.  So I apologize in advance for any superfluous words that make it into my posts.  

The subject matter will be mostly electrical and computer-based.  But I do get my hands on some more tangible things from time to time.  For instance, I made some pretty nice speaker stands a while back.  So if you're interested in such things, stay tuned.  Hopefully this will not be one of those abandoned projects.  Only time will tell I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment